Terms and Conditions
Welcome to GenomeBuddy™ – we want you to Own Your Genome™ and have additional wellness insights without compromising your privacy. Please review the terms of service (TOS) below.
For clarification GenomeBuddy™ is owned and operated by Bowhead Health Inc.
By using our services, including submitting a DNA sample, you are agreeing to an electronic contract between you and Bowhead Health Inc. We also reserve the right to update our TOS to improve our services.
Who can use GenomeBuddy™
We try to serve a global audience of adults. However, there are limitations. In order to use our services you must be 18 years or older and legally allowed to participate in this form of wellness genetic testing. If you are over the age of 14 and under 18 you may use the services with your parents permission.
You may not use GenomeBuddy™ if your local law where you reside or where you make the purchase from prohibits you.
If for some accidental reason you have made a purchase and are underage or made the purchase from a jurisdiction that does not permit you to do so, we will take all reasonable commercial efforts in order to delete the data.
What GenomeBuddy™ Offers
Genome Buddy™ offers a public website where people can read a blog focused around genetic testing as well as order a genetic test kit. This genetic test kit is provided by a partner CLIA-certified lab in San Diego, California. The purpose of these genetic test kits are to assist people in understanding if they have any genes that can be used as indicators of wellness. In no way, should these tests substitute visiting a doctor regularly or regular health check ups with a certified medical professional.
We may add new wellness products and services periodically and this means that we may update our terms frequently. We may also launch special promotions with partners and it is important to review updated terms for new product categories or special promotions. Unless explicitly stated, those new products and services will be covered by this TOS.
You may also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your data deleted. You may also stop using the service altogether without informing us.
Things to Know Before Buying GenomeBuddy™
Sometimes there are errors in DNA Processing. The CLIA-certified lab we work with in San Diego has all the leading equipment and certifications that are the gold standard in the field. However, there are rare times when the DNA being processed has errors or was contaminated during the shipping process. If you think there is an error in the way the test was handled please write to us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve the situation.
You may find out unpleasant things about your health. If you are purchasing the GenomeBuddy™ test kit you will be receiving several different indications about your genetics. Some of these may be positive and some may be more negative and cause you distress. You are responsible for the results of the test and we can’t be held accountable for any distress caused.
Genetic testing is a research field that is improving. Like any new, innovative field genetics is a field that is constantly evolving. We actually know very little about DNA and how it affects our lives. There are also many ethnic groups which we have even less knowledge regarding the DNA and its associated traits. In other words, there are many scientists currently researching DNA but it should be treated as such – it is by no means a perfected or completed area of study where we know everything about every piece of DNA.
How You Use the GenomeBuddy™ Service
The service includes an app, genetic test kit and results that are viewable on your mobile phone or downloaded via a PDF copy. Below are some requirements that you need to fulfill before purchasing and accepting our TOS.
- You understand that GenomeBuddy™ products and services are not to be used to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition or disease or used to evaluate the health status of any individual.
- You understand that this service should never replace visiting a doctor frequently
- You understand that GenomeBuddy™ provides a Wellness test that is not a medical test
- You agree to comply with applicable laws
- You are responsible for the usage, content you generate or who you share your results with via your account
- You will notify us immediately if you feel your account has been breached
- You agree not to resell the GenomeBuddy™ Services
- You are providing GenomeBuddy™ and its contractors and assignees permission to perform the genotyping services in the United States on the DNA sample you have provided
- You agree that GenomeBuddy™ will provide the encrypted results for you via an application. GenomeBuddy™ will not be made responsible for lost private keys which are the only viable way to unencrypt the information.
- You are requesting the GenomeBuddy™ and its assignees analyze your DNA and and disclose the results via GenomeBuddy’s™ application
- You agree that your DNA will not be stored beyond 90 days, unless you purchase additional services to retain your DNA
- You understand that your DNA cannot be shipped back to you.
- If you are outside the US, you will verify that it does not violate any export bans
- You are agreeing that the DNA sample you are sending is your own
- You represent to GenomeBuddy™ that you are at least 18 years of age
- You take full responsibility for the results of your information and will not hold GenomeBuddy™ liable for the results
- You understand that these diagnostic tests may not be used for medical, diagnostic or testing purposes that may be considered illegal activity.
- You agree to provide valid shipping information and to manage your private keys responsibly. You also understand that if these private keys are lost we have no way of recovering them.
Termination of Services
We reserve the right to limit, suspend and terminate your access to the service without a refund if you violate any of the terms in the above TOS.
Very Important: Manage Your Private Keys
Your encrypted information uses a series of words to decrypt the information. If you lose these keys we have no way of recovering the keys and unencrypting your information.
We want you to find our services and products useful, however, we do not make any claims, guarantees or warrant that the information will be useful, accurate or complete. We repeat, these tests should never be traded off for seeking regular medical checkups and managing your health. We do not warrant, endorse or guarantee any of our products, prices, descriptions listed on the website or partner websites.
Our Service and Products are Sold As Is
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GENOMEBUDDY™ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND MERCHANTABILITY. GENOMEBUDDY™ DOES NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES (A) ABOUT THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICES, (B) ABOUT THE GENOMEBUDDY™ CONTENT, (C) ABOUT THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, RELIABILITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE GENOMEBUDDY™ CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR (D) THAT THE GENOMEBUDDY™ CONTENT OR SERVICES WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limit of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you expressly acknowledge and agree that GenomeBuddy™ and any of its employees, partners, contractors, founders, shareholders and any assignees shall not be liable for any indirect, direct, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages. This includes damages for goodwill, loss of profits, data or other intangible losses. Resulting in the lack of service, incorrect information or your failure to properly write down your recovery seed, unauthorized access and any incorrect data or transmissions.
Disputes and Jurisdiction
You agree that the services shall be deemed solely based in Ontario, Canada. This agreement and any dispute shall be governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada without regard to the conflict of laws provision. You also expressly agree that personal jurisdiction is waived and any disputes will be had and interpreted in Ontario, Canada.
If there is a dispute or you have a concern please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if we are unable to reach an amicable resolution to the dispute we each agree to work with the Canadian Arbitration Association to settle the claim in Ottawa, Canada. All claims must be personal and you expressly waive the right to bring forth a class action or as a plaintiff. You agree, by entering into this agreement, to waive your right to a jury trial and enter into a class action lawsuit.
Severability, Waiver and Assignment
If any section or clause in the TOS is found unenforceable it will not affect the remainder of the agreement. GenomeBuddy’s™ failure to enforce any of these provisions should not be regarded as a waiver of rights. You may not transfer any of your rights and obligations under this GenomeBuddy™ reserves the right to assign or transfer our rights and obligations under this agreement.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.